I’m trying to incorporate healthier meals into our (my husband and I) daily diet. Tonight I decided to bake a salmon fillet along with a mixture of sautéed kale, tomato, and zucchini. The key ingredient that makes this dish so tasteful is the use of dill. This herb has an amazing aroma and taste.
- 1 Salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 4 Tablespoons of dry dill
- 2 Tablespoons of Basil Olive Oil (http://www.quailandolive.com/)
- 1 Tablespoon Regular Olive oil (http://www.quailandolive.com/)
- 1 Tablespoon Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar (http://www.quailandolive.com/)
- 2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Large Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Large Tomato, chopped
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- Heat Oven to 400 Degrees F
- Take your salmon fillet and cut into 6 even pieces.
- Take 3 tablespoons of dill, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of garlic salt and sprinkle all over the salmon.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of basil olive oil.
- Place salmon on a greased baking sheet and place into preheated oven. Bake 15-20 minutes (cooking time depends on the thickness of the salmon)
- While the salmon cooks place the tablespoon of regular olive in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and kale. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add tomato. Sauté another 2 minutes. Add zucchini and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add remaining spices and balsamic vinegar. Sauté for another minute and remove from heat.
Once salmon cooks remove from oven.
To serve, arrange the sautéed vegetables on plate and top with one of the salmon pieces.