As I said in an earlier post we’re trying to eat healthier and make smart decisions in our diet. Which basically means that were looking at healthy portions of protein/fats/carbs (or MACROS in the fitness world) in each meal. For me, one of the easiest ways to get a balanced diet each day is to incorporate a salad as one of my main meals.
Yesterday, I decided to prepare a big ol’ pot of shredded beef in the crock-pot. I used a recipe from PALEOMG to make the beef. I added a little more garlic powder and didn’t include the onion, but that’s just my personal preference. I plan on using the beef for a couple recipes/meals this week.
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 1 Cup of spinach
- 1/2 Cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup diced green onion
- 1/4 Cup diced bell pepper (I used orange, but any color will work)
- 2 Tablespoons of avocado
- 1 Cup of shredded beef from PALEOMG
- 1/2 Teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of blackberry balsamic vinegar
- Grab plate or bowl and mix spinach, tomatoes, green onion, bell pepper, and avocado. Top with black pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Add shredded beef