I love having shakes for a meal sometimes, especially for breakfast. Shakes help me keep a balanced diet and from over eating. For those who have busy mornings or just don’t like to eat a heavy breakfast a shake is a great choice. You can even make your shake the night before to save time.
Now, I have to give credit to my husband for this recipe. When we started dating he gave me this recipe and over the years I’ve tweaked it to create different versions of a healthy shake that taste delicious.
Now the rules of the breakfast shake club is, “keep it simple, keep it clean.” If you start adding chocolate syrup and other randomness you are out of the breakfast shake club.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour in glass or shaker and serve.